This sculptural centerpiece is made from an early design by Josef Hoffman. Its pure, long-legged physique and the smooth surface of its base are revolutionary. Its only adornment consists of four semiprecious stones.
Designed in 1902, this centerpiece became a major work of 20th-century Viennese design. Available in different heights, with malachite, lapis lazuli, or onyx stones.
About Wiener Silber Manufactur:
1882, Alexander Sturm, a trained gold- and silversmith, founded what is today Wiener Silber Manufactur in Vienna. By the turn of the century, the silversmiths created objects for the intellectual elite that favored the simple lines of the Wiener Werkstatte.
After the Second World War, the manufacturer became involved with avant-garde again and partnerships with luminary designers and architects lasted until it closed its doors in 1982. It was the vision of an innovative tradition of service that inspired Georg Stradiot to found the Vienna Silver Manufacture in 2008. Today the company revives masterpieces from their collection of 11,000 drawings dating to 1882, as well as paves new roads in the production of silver with artists such as Erwin Wurm and Zaha Hadid.
Wiener Silber Manufactur uses a special alloy that contains 94% by mass of silver. Sterling silver, by comparison, only contains 92.5% of silver.
940 Solid Silver, Lapis Lazuli
Ø 9.5 x H 3.3 in
Ø 24 x H 8.5 cm
Ø 9.5 x H 4.75 in
Ø 24 x H 12 cm
Short | $8,100
Tall | $8,795